The Zinc Oxide arrester is the most advanced over-voltage protector in the world. This is due to the incorporation of a zinc oxide arrester as the core resistor disc.
This allows an improvement in the volt-ampere characteristics of the resistor disc and an increase in through current capability in over-voltage situations, which is a drastic improvement when compared to conventional silicon carbide arresters.
Under normal operating voltage, the current through the arrester is only one micro-ampere degree. When the arrester experiences an over-voltage situation, the excellent non linear characteristics will increase the current through the arrester several thousand times. The arrester is in the conducting state and will release the over-voltage energy to earth and thereby protecting power transmission equipment against the effects of over-voltage.
The Technical performance of the product is in conformity to?IEC60099-4 & IEEE.C62.11 standard?technical requirements.
1. The ambient air temperatures is no higher than + 0°C, no lower than -40°C.
2. The altitude above sea level does not exceed 1000-2000m (the plateau area should be indicated when order).
3. AC system frequency 50Hz or 60Hz.
4. Power frequency voltage brought to bear on arrester for a long time does not exceed arrester's continuous operation voltage.
5. Maximum wind speed does not exceed 35m/s.
6. The earthquake intensity does no exceed 7 degrees.
7. The filthy area should be given clear indication.